About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 30, 2026

B is for Battle Figures

We've seen them before, but it was eight or so years ago;
 
 
And they are both carded, and several pages down the Tag results, so we'll look at these from Peter Evans, as an overview, Imperial's twin-set Battle Figures - proper rack toys!
 


Zombie Responders Vs Zombies, the zombies being unique sculpts only seen in the Imperial sets, while the responders are clones of those old favourites, Tim Mee's later 54mm Vietnam era GI sculpts. In their separate bags, the GI's look bigger, but it's because they are copied from more animated and gangly figures, and as you can see they are all the same height.
 

Ninjas Vs Pirates! I guess they could have met, on the high seas at some point? Again we have unique sculpts in the Ninjas (possibly a pose missing?), while the pirates are taken from the Hing Fat set, but reduced slightly in size. When we saw these as shelfies from Brian Berke in New York, way back when, I tagged them 54mm, but they are closer to 50mm.
 
Army Men Vs Cavemen, again did they only get five poses, or is one missing? Their foe were more Tim Mee knock-offs, but they were in Khaki, and almost certainly seen in one or two posts here at Small Scale World, back in the twenty-teens. Worth noting that while the new sculpts are all marked Imperial China, the GI's only have the China mark.
 
Not from these sets, and not Imperial, but in the same lot from Peter, so I'll chuck them up here as a possible complete pose count! I think we saw them recently, from Chris Smith, also as a 9-count, so that would seem confirmatory, and as I said then, I think they may be ID'd elsewhere on the Blog?
 
That's it, rack toys in Rack Toy Month! Thanks to Peter for these, and Brian and Chris for previous help with the same subjects.

No comments: