About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, March 7, 2019

D is for Did You Spot It?

I didn't! I found it last Friday looking for something else!

T is for Two - Wild West Oddities;

Crescent 54mm Figures; Crescent Colour Variant; Crescent Colour Varient; Crescent Indian Toy Figure; Crescent Native American; Crescent Red Indian; Indian Toy Figure; Indians; Kinder Indian; Kinder Wild West; Made in England; Made In Italy; Native American Indian; Native American Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unknown Toy Figures; Unknown Toy Indians; Wild West;
You may remember this shot in a 'forthcoming from the storage collection' post I did back in the late summer/early autumn of last year? When it went into storage it was about 40% of my large-scale Wild West (along with the cowboy tray), now [they] are probably no more than 20% of the unsorted and considerably less than 10% of my Wild West, but the whole Wild West 'thing' is rather on the back-burner . . . and in a big heap in the attic!

Crescent 54mm Figures; Crescent Colour Variant; Crescent Colour Varient; Crescent Indian Toy Figure; Crescent Native American; Crescent Red Indian; Indian Toy Figure; Indians; Kinder Indian; Kinder Wild West; Made in England; Made In Italy; Native American Indian; Native American Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unknown Toy Figures; Unknown Toy Indians; Wild West;
Anyway; there were some interesting things in the shot, and I've arrowed two, it's the chap on the right I got a little . . . err . . . 'chuffed' about, looks to be a bog standard Crescent Indian, but the light's making him look awfully like a very 'red' Indian!

Crescent 54mm Figures; Crescent Colour Variant; Crescent Colour Varient; Crescent Indian Toy Figure; Crescent Native American; Crescent Red Indian; Indian Toy Figure; Indians; Kinder Indian; Kinder Wild West; Made in England; Made In Italy; Native American Indian; Native American Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unknown Toy Figures; Unknown Toy Indians; Wild West;
No - he actually IS that red! I was talking with John Begg and Steve Vickers at Sandown the next day and mentioned I'd found this the day before and they thought it was a test-shot, but I wonder if there was a contract-manufacture production-run of them, as I believe they do turn-up, pretty regularly, if only from time to time?

As you can see the base is unmarked as well and he has the sandy or sand-blasted surface detail which you find on some of the Guards and Khaki Infantry and that I tend to think of as earlier production, but without much evidence beyond a hunch!

Crescent 54mm Figures; Crescent Colour Variant; Crescent Colour Varient; Crescent Indian Toy Figure; Crescent Native American; Crescent Red Indian; Indian Toy Figure; Indians; Kinder Indian; Kinder Wild West; Made in England; Made In Italy; Native American Indian; Native American Toys; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Unknown Toy Figures; Unknown Toy Indians; Wild West;
What I was actually looking for - One of the Vichy image-pirates was asking after one of these the other day and someone mentioned Kinder, I knew I had them somewhere, but both incomplete . . . have you got one - or the other - with the missing drum or whatever plugs into the head . . . feather, full bonnet? Send a shot of it in and it can be shared with everyone.

50 and 54mm approximately; I'm pretty sure they are Italian with the smaller one supplied to Kinder, probably pantographed down from the larger one by the same manufacturer to fit in the egg/capsules. They maybe Res Plastic but they are both unmarked and dozens of companies supplied the novelty market in Italy, selling in capsules or little card boxes.

If it was Kinder it may have been around 2005/8 as I can't find it in the 2001 or 2004 O-Ei-A Preisführer, not that they are that accurate! But then Erwin 'makes-it-up-as-he-goes-along' Sell says I haven't got a Library - so I must be lying altogether about having either of the volumes!
 
July 2022 - A similar but glossy, yellow one is now known to be by Locati from Italy; similar capsule toys.

No comments: