About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, March 7, 2019

B is for Bloody Big Blow-Moulds!

Brian Berke sent these to me the other day and they went straight to the top of the queue!

7 Inch Blow-moulds; 7 Inch Figures; Army Men; Armymen; Blow Mould; Blow Mould Figures; Blow Moulded Toy; Blow-Moulded GI's; Contribution; Flamethrower; Made in Hong Kong; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; US Army Blow Moulds; US Infantry; US Marines; WWII Blow Moulds; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Toy Soldiers;
US Marine rifleman stabbing downwards with bayonet. We like a bit of blow-moulding here at Small Scale World and it's been awhile since we had some, does anyone recognise them or have a branding for them?

7 Inch Blow-moulds; 7 Inch Figures; Army Men; Armymen; Blow Mould; Blow Mould Figures; Blow Moulded Toy; Blow-Moulded GI's; Contribution; Flamethrower; Made in Hong Kong; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; US Army Blow Moulds; US Infantry; US Marines; WWII Blow Moulds; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Toy Soldiers;
A flamethrower operator, bunker-busting in the World War Two Pacific theatre  'Island Hopping' campaign; he's got the same weapon Action Man carried on the heath in my childhood!

Both figures have substantial scenic bases with flat-bottoms so probably stand-up a little more easily that the three smaller 5/6-inch ones of mine we've seen here in the past which require careful placing and my holding my breath before I take the shot!

7 Inch Blow-moulds; 7 Inch Figures; Army Men; Armymen; Blow Mould; Blow Mould Figures; Blow Moulded Toy; Blow-Moulded GI's; Contribution; Flamethrower; Made in Hong Kong; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; US Army Blow Moulds; US Infantry; US Marines; WWII Blow Moulds; WWII Plastic Toy Figures; WWII Toy Soldiers;
I tried to work out the scale from the Crescent 'berserker' Brian posed with it and they seem to be 170+mm or around seven-inches! I suspect that between parachute toys and beach toys there are quite a few of these out there, so I'm sure we'll visit them again! Cheers Brian - Brilliant!

No comments: