About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, March 9, 2019

Q is for Question Time - Parker Games Knight in Armour

Well . . . I know it's Parker, not KPG (Kenner-Parker Games) and not Hasbro and that's pretty much all I know! Whether it was also Waddington's on this side of the pond is anyone's guess and what it was called is beyond me, but hopefully someone will know the game?

1978; Board Game Knight; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Knight In Armour; Knight Playing Piece; Knights In Armour; Medieval Chess Figure; Medieval Figures; Medieval Toy Figure; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Parker Board Game; Parker Brothers; Parker Toys; Playing Piece; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Knights; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
It's a knight-in-armour alright, but then I wouldn't have said so if it wasn't! My guess - for what it's worth - is that it's probably an empty suit of armour in a grand house or museum, possibly being used as a prop in a posh version of Clue/Cludo or maybe to jump out at those 'pesky kids' in a Scooby Doo franchise game? A haunted-house or ghost game is another possibility?

1978; Board Game Knight; Board Game Playing Pieces; Boardgame Pieces; Knight In Armour; Knight Playing Piece; Knights In Armour; Medieval Chess Figure; Medieval Figures; Medieval Toy Figure; Old Plastic Toys; Old Toy Soldiers; Parker Board Game; Parker Brothers; Parker Toys; Playing Piece; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Vintage Plastic Figures; Vintage Plastic Soldiers; Vintage Toy Figures; Vintage Toy Knights; Vintage Toy Soldiers;
This is one of those 'tip your screen slightly (or bob your head) to read it clearly' images - dated to 1978; a date that would fit Scooby's early popularity nicely, and wasn't that also around the time of the Clue movie? Anyone remember a board-game from their youth with a knight in armour? I suppose it could be a chess piece, but . . . Parker . . . 1970's? Bit highbrow for them, then! 

25th Jan., 2021 - All The King's Men board game, home-painted silver. 

No comments: