About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

F is for Follow-up - Kit Cars

I'm definitely in an unproductive phase, not a lazy phase, just an unproductive phase - as far as the Blog goes; I'm busy sorting the various bits of the collection together, photographing like mad and dealing with eMails in a vaguely timely manner! This week I'm shooting Airfix readymade AFV's for what are well-overdue pages!

Century of Transport; De Gruyter; De Gruyter Premiums; Jet Premium, Jet Petrol, jet gasoline, Jet Petroleum, Jet Gas, Kellogg's Premiums; Lucky Bags; Model Kits; Novelty Models; Old Plastic Toys; Plastic Kit; R and L Premiums; R&L; RL Giveaways; Rosenhain & Lipmann; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Sobres; Vehicle Novelty; Vintage Plastic Kit; Wundertüten;
There are a few follow-ups I'll try to get-up here, over this week, this one comes from the De Gruyter post the other day,, not the best photo's but they're sufficiently illustrative of the pints; it struck me the unknown green one might be the Jet Petroleum premiums, so I dug out the near complete set we looked-at a while ago, and the part set in storage (pleased to say I had the missing '3'), but the question-mark car wasn't one of them!

Eight of eight Jet premiums to the left, manufactured by Rosenhain & Lipmann. The other three - from the other day - on the right.

Century of Transport; De Gruyter; De Gruyter Premiums; Jet Premium, Jet Petrol, jet gasoline, Jet Petroleum, Jet Gas, Kellogg's Premiums; Lucky Bags; Model Kits; Novelty Models; Old Plastic Toys; Plastic Kit; R and L Premiums; R&L; RL Giveaways; Rosenhain & Lipmann; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Sobres; Vehicle Novelty; Vintage Plastic Kit; Wundertüten;
Colours for the jet premiums tend to match the colour of the cars' artwork, but there are shade variations, and left-field alternatives like the orange '4' (the black bits have been painted on by the previous owner) and a black '7'.

Kellogg's (in the tub - for a whole other post another day) introduce a pink, but seem closest to the green of the unknown car.

No comments: