About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, April 2, 2023

D is for Dere's More!

When I went to upload the images for the previous post, I noticed it had changed its name from Robot Erasers to Robot Erasers_1, and wondered what had happened to cause that? Cancelling the upload for a minute and going back to Picasa I put Robo- in the search bar and found these, under the plain Robot Erasers folder-title!

Apparently they date from early December, so I must have been planning some robot follow-ups then, or just found them going cheap? Anyway, they are interesting for being more of those eighties transforming type battle-suit 'vehicles' (some of which have pilots in one country or toy-line and full autonomy in others), and which I try not to get bogged-down in, they were a kids thing, from the generation after me and I just don't need to fill my head with more fictional details!
 
I know enough now to guess they might be Toei Animation-like Voltron or Manzinger types . . . maybe? From Japan, and might be the inspiration for the new Lootcrate one? You can see that they are much bigger than the standard eraser or pencil-top types (45/60mm) but smaller than the new one at around 80/90mm depending upon headdress.
 
I had to use the shaving mirror to hold them up, it happened to be at hand!

They also clearly have some age, and three have taken a fair bit of battle-damage, but I think my feeling, at the time, was to get them while they are cheap, in the hope I can pick up bits, when I spot them in the future, to complete the rest.
 
Obviously there seem to be six here, and while I could swap arms to make the left one whole, or the head to make the middle one whole, I suspect they are part-specific named characters, so for now this is how they stay!

That's enough novelty rubber or plastic sci-fi crap for a while, so something else later, I am slowly importing all the image-folders from problem folder to new Picasa, so I'll find something . . . Although I should get the Easter stuff lined-up as there are several in the queue I think, and Brian B sent some lovelies the other day!

No comments: