About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, April 8, 2023

E is for Eggie Business!

A few more capsule eggs, nothing terribly exciting, I wasn't really thinking about Easter this year, so neither looked out for nor searched-out anything seasonal . . . Actually that's a small lie, I did pop-in to Hobbycraft, just to see if they had anything this year; they had the dinosaur 'decoration' set last year with the small eggs, but they had nothing this year, it's always hit-and-miss with the discounters.

I Can't remember where I picked this up? I think it may have been the local hardware store, but branded to World of Sweets, unusual for having a lengthways split to the capsule (less of a choking hazard?), and the fact that the relief-flat dinosaur is over-moulded rubber - the back's plain black.
 
Found these on Amazon, still there; it was only the other day, with various whacky brand-marks! Twelve dino's in twelve eggs, best egg-hunt material, but no chocolate, which will disappoint some! We may have seen some of these loose, in one of various visits to these smaller-size dinosaurs, which as I mentioned the other day I intend to ID eventually, all on one page.
 
An eBay lot, just as filler for a thin post! From the seller's description, I gather these are from PMS International, who we have seen several times here at Small Scale World now, and were/are called Putty Surprize! / Mystery Pets Surprise.  They seem to have been issued as blind bag type things, with what looks to be - from the left; a hippo, owl, salamanda (?) and Koala bear. I suspect they glow in the dark too!

No comments: