About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

S is for Shelfies - A Roundup I

Just a few bits and bobs which have piled-up, got lost, been found and sent somewhere else, brought back together and split into two posts and with several of them; duplicated at one point! The first shot actually goes back to last October, and got really lost for a while . . .

. . . not exciting, but shot in a newsagent (or Sainsbury's?), not so fussed by the funny little semi-flat ones above, but I thought I'd better grab a shelfie of the four-inch (or thereabouts) Disney Princesses as they may turn-up in mixed/job-lots in a year or two. Paint Your Own Frozen . . . and not the first time I've seen them.

Then in December, a visit to TKMaxx (I think) found this wild animal set from Ravensden. The giraffe wasn't quite as bad a sculpt as this forshorteing suggests, but it wasn't the best either and the tiger looked decidedly demented! The elephant's alright, but his tusks are a bit short/fat, but it puts a name to them!
 
At the same time I shot this lot from Playtek LLC, who I think we've seen before here as a brand, probably also in TKMaxx, bigger, they are less likely to appear in mixed lots of toy soldiers, but for animal collectors, may need a box-tick at some point!

While 'Maxx often turns-up these die-cast vehicle sets from HTI with a few figures, here road workers, but Peter Evans has sent me several Police (extant, or forthcoming posts) with similar bases, possibly from the Toy Project's charity shop in North London. 40mm and a replacement PVC-alike polymer, I dare say there are firefighters too?

A few days later, but still close to Christmas I shot these in The Range in Aldershot (I was rushing around trying to buy bathroom storage with suckers on because of the no glueing/drilling rule in the new flat!); two takes on T-Rex, although I thought the one on the right looked a little more Allosaur to me?

But, again, both Paint Your Own kits, from unbranded on the left (credited to and possibly clearance from Universal themselves, I assume they have gift-shops in their theme parks?), and Kandytoys on the right. One has a useful base, the other is going to keep falling over!

Finally, and an hour later I was at B&M in Basingrad (still looking for bathroom accessories) and I shot this, normally I only give the little vehicles a quick one-over for military or space, but this can be built-upon with Hestair Kiddybricks or Megabloks (other compatible building systems exist!), which I thought was novelty enough for inclusion here! Titled 'Brick Rides' this one is Bricking Trails.

No comments: