About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, April 3, 2023

H is for How They Come In - More Charity Shop Stuff!

Still haven't found the old charity shop posts/folders for posts, but these have all been picked-up in the last few weeks, so a ramble through some eclectic shite tonight!


This was an afternoon's pass down the high street with bits from two or three shops, highlights (and some lowlights!) below, and I only bought the puzzle-cube erasers because they were cheap and I didn't trust myself to remember the Works branding if I left them, they will go on the jig-puzzle page with the others in the fullness of time!


The K&M knights (and the Polytoys one) are duplicates I think and the rest is pretty awful stuff, but boxes have to be ticked here or - eventually - on the A-Z Blogs, so . . . meh! The two Sesame Street figures have a bit more value, collection-wise rather than monetary, Bully I think?


Various dinosaurs; the upper shot looks to be a set and most of a set at that, the origianl tub maybe haveing four of everything (B&M or Terra by Batat?), and I have a long term plan of doing a single post or page on all the small vinyls to ID them all in one place!

Below them larger models with again most of a set - quite nicely painted - top right, an older Chinasaur, probably Holly Toys along with a couple of dinorasers . . . aaaannnd  . . . a Facehugger; the real reason the Dinosaurs died out!


The rest of the rubber shite in the tubs included a bunch of 'kins from various MGB, Moose and Zuru lines, I haven't looked at it properly yet, it went straight to storage back in Feb'.


This was a lucky find, a bunch of mint (obviously ex-shop-stock) cake decorations in a basket for 20p-a-pop, so I emptied it!


Close-ups; we got the three big Lik Be's, five smaller robot ones, a Kinder/Giodi/Bruder space-type, four old-fashioned cars (the real find) and four matching, die-cast, model motorcycles with different paint.


Two sub-scale tanks, smaller versions of the old Zee Toys line, I think they have been ID'd on one of the die-cast forums, but I've not looked too hard for the reference so no brand here today! A big bag of farm, and the mouse on a barrel, made-up another pass down the high-street a week or so later.
 
I had passed on the mouse several times since way before Christmas, but began to feel sorry for his unsold arse and took him home, he's resin, and a reasonable sculpt, but oversized for the barrel, unless it's a dolls-house barrel?


Contents of the farm bag; the only real items of interest here are the four top centre with the green bases, as they are more of those Timpo solid's sculpts in PVC, it's begining to look like someone (possibly in Macau) got the moulds from Shots? We looked at the cats before here, and there's definitely a story behind these soft rubber 'Timpo's'?

I'll also highlight the Stay Puffed faux-mascot from Ghostbusters, must have moonlighted as a scarecrow!


I only managed one buy in March, a rather truncated totem-pole of the Canadian tourist keepsake type, looking like chalkware, but really washed resin.

2 comments:

Andy B said...

Re the second picture, think most of this falls into the "I collect these so you don't have to...

Hugh Walter said...

Absolutely Andy, abso-freakin'-lutely! And I like to think I don't collect it, as acquire it on the way . . .

H