About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

T*R is for Transportation Raft

Not my best title, but I was going to procrastinate all night and end-up posting nothing and rotting my brain on Faceplant if I didn't just bite the bullet and go with the lame one! Obviously (I hope) a reference to Tudor * Rose, we looked at a similar object from Merit here, ages ago, so we're looking at a 'rival' product today!

The Noah's Ark from Tudor Rose, is as simple as that Merit one, indeed; simpler, but slightly more realistic without the over-blown 'hippy-viking' prow and stern-posts of the other. Part-count is similar, with five large, robust chunks of pre-formed polyethylene.

Animal count is down however, with only four pairs and no Noah figure, animals are reasonable sculpts with a rather heavy-set Rhino, and some Buffalo . . . presumably he took the Ark for a test drive and picked up some foreign breeds, before the main loading, the Bible doesn't tell us, but then the Bible doesn't tell us about Cain mating with his mum or sisters either, so not everything's in the Bible!
 
Or did he go to Nod first and mate with other humans who were nothing to do with Adam and Eve and may not have been created by [that] God, but - maybe - another one? More questions than answers, the bible, a bit like studying toy soldiers!

No comments: