About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, February 1, 2024

H is for How They Come In - Charity Shop Backlog - 2020

Literally just clearing old folders, while I'm not currently adding much to the backlog, try to get the 900-odd folders back down to a more manageable 5 or 600 this year! These are all dated 2020, when a lot was happening, and while I did manage 377 posts (just over one a day on average) these got left on the shelf!

Must've grabbed these in passing, knocked off a quick shot and taken them up to the storage unit in a mixed tub, 'cos they're not here, and I've got stuff back to mid-2021'ish. Couple of cheap Chinacrap AFV's and three novelty elephants - one stained wooden Thai touristy thing, a similar soapstone one from East Africa (?) and a pot-bellied ebony one from god knows where!
 
Almost forgot to shoot these, and caught myself as I was putting them away, not that all the stuff in the bags has been seen here, but, whatever, I thought I'd better quickly shoot them as a lot, they'd come in a 50p-per-bear type purchase from a basket on a shelf! The Hillman's in the bag were a seperate purchase we may have seen, but they're not Tagged!
 
Confirmation of the attributions!

I don't seem to have shot the contents of this bag from British Heart Foundation separately/in close up, but it looks to be a mix of Kinder type novelty animals and a few of the smaller Pokemon, from Tomy prize-capsules perhaps?

An unloved Christmas stocking present? The silent witness to a child's death? I always get to pondering, when something like this appears, brand-new in a charity shop. One feels there is probably a sad tale behind it? I just thought it was fun, that the pencil is decorated as a piece of giant bamboo. I think the brand say Legami?

A bag of sea life, a growing collection, and the contents of another bag of mixed novelties, I think I got a second example of the wooden - probably French . . . or is it Charbens (!) - chicken, at around the same time?

The Hong Kong Timpo-copy ACW in butternut (chocolate?) was issued in various formats, in the 'States they made it into late Ideal playsets, if I recall correctly (with Crescent copy horses?), elsewhere more generic stuff, or small bottle-bagged rack toys of a few figures.

No comments: