About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, February 11, 2024

H is for How They Come In - Charity Shop Backlog - 2021, 2 of 2

I think this lot all came from Blue Cross, the animal charity, they tend to get my cast-offs too, although that has led to me buying back my own Chinashite on at least one occasion! But it had had some good stuff added-in with it, and it's all for charity!

Beginning sorting, I shot this badly, as there are several bags hidden under the one with the label, but they are all in the .gif-shot below! Date for these is August of that year, an immaterial detail, but if I don't tell you 'everything', TJF is likely to cum in his pants again!
 
I see he's going to show us all the Blue Box characters I failed to, the other day, or at least I hope he is, so far he's only shown a duplicate, and much more of that would be 'Simon says catch-up, follow-up, copycat!'. And strange that he didn't show them to us six years ago, when I was accusing his Blog of falsely claiming - through his little apprentice - as fact, that there are 33, when there are only 12, or 24?

The contents of the upper bag, were the detritus of smaller dinosaurs the shop had gathered over time, the pile in the middle are shot again (below), while the little yellow jobbie and the bigger blue one (bottom left and right) may be from the kid's magazine we had an overview of here a while back.
 
The bat is a bit of Halloween fare, and has already been seen in that capacity, I think, here at Small Scale World, while the snake looks like an accessory from a larger-scale play set or action figure companion piece?
 
This is one of those rare occasions where two shots are so similar they can be slammed together to make a '3-D' .gif image which gives an idea of the shape, size, bulk, even texture of the figures!
 

In fact, it's showing rather small, so here;'s one of the original images, from the hidden bags, we have a pile of Kinder Super heroes, several cats, probably from kids magazines, and a large China-goat! Heay, it will be indispensable when I get round to the mighty Goats page/post!*

We're about to look at the multicoloured pile - top right, while the Jasmine mini-action-figure from Disney long-ago went back to charity! Novelty frog, dogs, penguins . . . I've had a lot of penguins come-in over the last decade or so, many of these pocket-money, softish, animal sets seem to include a penguin sculpt!
 
* For a certain type of American - that's humour, b't . . .  am I joking?

So, the multicoloured pile, I suspect some kind of early-learning / infant toy, there's a lesser possibility of them being from a boardgame though, or family 'carpet-game'? But they are more like all that Merit, Galt, Salter or Pedigree stuff of our own (50/60-something)'s childhood, the nuclear family in a robust, simplified form, for little fingers to manipulate? But in this case, of not-much age?
 
I also suspect the yellow 'family' is complete, and that the whole sample is all the colours - four? I don't need any more, it's almost too big a sample, given how far removed from Toy Soldiers, wargaming, modelling or model railways it is, but I do need a blue cat - any missing cat, is a cat missing from that side collection!
 
I shot them last, but these are the larger central pile of mini-chinasaurs from the second image, they obviously go together, and as I've mentioned in the past, I will bring them all together in one post, someday, as there are so many of these 2/2½/3-inch types! These are a semi-translucent white polymer, soft PVC-alike, with a one-colour over-spray.
 
The green Steggie' (top left) was in the 'odds' bag, and probably doesn't belong with the others, but I included him in the shot, as he is in the same size bracket, so illustrates the previous point about so many of them, mostly different, but sometimes copied, or - in the case of the Toy Major ones - marked differently for different contracts/end-users, or decorated differently, while he's very similar to the other set.

No comments: