About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 8, 2018

T is for Testicular Gonadians from Planet Bollocky-Ballock

I don't suppose we'll have another title quite like that for a while, but is seemed to be appropriate, given there's no getting round this; the artwork and sculpts leave nothing to the imagination - these Space Monsters are clearly walking, talking, pink gamete-sacks . . . with ray-guns! Except; they're actually green?

Again the artwork is brilliant; evocative of a different age. And I don't think anyone can claim these are derivative of someone else's figures; toy, comic, TV or movie? They share the catalogue/box number of Set 49 with the spacemen as they share the box.

They are also the same intermediate 40mm, but being alien Cajones will have a little more scope for use as they can be giant goolies in one (20/25-mil) universe and evil dwarven testes types in another (54/60-mil) - preferably long, long ago and far, far away!*

*A phrase which is probably ©, P, Patt App., R, Reg. and TM, George Lucas-Lucasfilms-Disney!



I'm not sure if these come in any other colours, I have a half an idea I've seen them in a navy-blue? They also have a casualty (far, top-left) and are an eight count. That's it, that's them; Nut-nagers from Nards - box-ticked!

2 comments:

SpaceToyer said...

Yes, they exist in navy-blue too, and they are totally not-derivative: here you can see an original pre-production drawing...

http://alphadrome.net/forums/uploads/monthly_2016_10/pic2917346.jpg.b1e469b79743e8590f738b6bcc937972.jpg

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Space Toyer! Pity the left and right figures in the middle row weren't done . . . definitely a testicular civilization though!

H