About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, December 23, 2018

M is for Mail Order

I picked this up on feebleBay the other day, it was going cheap and in searching I found several of the same set, some on silly 'buy-it-know's, others on 99p! It looks to be the sort of thing Studio Gifts carry (or carried - I haven't checked if they are still going![Google says they are!]), but the code label is similar to Argos of the now some-time-gone Index, so it could be anyone, or even a department store's seasonal Christmas stock?

Bible Toy; Biblical Toy; Camel; Christmas; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Crèche; Creche; Jesus Christ; Joseph The Carpenter; Krip; Krippen; Mail Away; Mail Order; Mary Mother of God; Nativity; Nativity Set; Religious Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Kings; Three Wise Men; Presepi
The figures are big (we saw them in the Marx post on Tuesday) 100/110-mil; and I think they're based on Italian figure sculpts. Each is separately wrapped in a cellophane bag open at one end and ticked into the base hollow, which I though excessive until I realised it was doing the job of the tissue-paper we'll have to go back to in the near future.

Bible Toy; Biblical Toy; Camel; Christmas; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Crèche; Creche; Jesus Christ; Joseph The Carpenter; Krip; Krippen; Mail Away; Mail Order; Mary Mother of God; Nativity; Nativity Set; Religious Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Kings; Three Wise Men; Presepi
Mary, Joseph and the Little Baby Jesus, he's an integrated moulding in one of the 'shoe-box' mouse-mangers I alluded to the other day! It is clearly marked Made In Hong Kong, which would date it to the late 1990's, but I suspect 'new-old' stock contemporary to the last five or ten years, no more?

Bible Toy; Biblical Toy; Camel; Christmas; Christmas Decorations; Christmas Figures; Crèche; Creche; Jesus Christ; Joseph The Carpenter; Krip; Krippen; Mail Away; Mail Order; Mary Mother of God; Nativity; Nativity Set; Religious Figures; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Three Kings; Three Wise Men; Presepi
At nine pieces it's around the average with three wise men (always three, the Bible gives no total, let have more, yadda-yadda!), two animals and a shepherd in addition to the Jesus's-family-surname family! The Arimathea's? That's it; box-ticker . . . box-ticked.

No comments: