About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, December 28, 2018

News, Views Etc . . . Forthcoming Events

I'm literally snatching ten minutes on-line to post this, so if you've commented over the last few days, or eMailed me since the 20th, I won't be dealing with replies until the New Year, I'm actually enjoying a few days off!

Big disaster with one of the archive dongles corrupting over Christmas, 15,000+ files not attainable, I've managed to recover about fourteen-hundred (or less than 10%!) with the Piriform Recova software I have, but the rest will have to wait until the new year, they are still there; I just can't get at them 'till I find the right fix.

I'm sure it will please my enemies (or 'eemie' as he spells it!), but it's only a temporary hitch although it may prove to be a costly exercise in why you should always back-up! Once the dust has settled, I may run a post on the whole tale as it may prove instructive . . . of software, hardware and procedure?

No auctions but a nice bunch of shows and fairs over the holiday week;


Friday 28th December 2018

Carmarthen - Chris Dyer Fairs
Carmathen Leisure Centre, Llansteffan Road, Johntown, Carmarthen, Wales, SA31 3NQ
Tel. - 01643 702 757
Mob. - 07966 694 579
10:30 - 15:00hrs
Admission - £2

Haydock Park - Barry Stockton Fairs
The Exibision Centre, Haydock Park Racecourse, WA12 0HQ
Web. - http://barrystocktonfairs.co.uk/
Tel. - 01513 343 362
10:30 - 14:30
Admission - Adult £2, Children £0.50p

Thornbury - Bulldog Fairs
Thornbury Leisure Centre, Alveston Hill, BS35 3JB
Tel. - 01373 452 857
Mob. - 07917 125 641
10:30 - 14:30hrs
Adults £2.50p, under 16's free if accompanied, early-bird (from 08:30hrs) £5
Free parking, light refreshments


Saturday 29th December 2018

Bexhill-on-Sea - SRP Toy Fairs
St. Barnabas Parish Church, Cantelupe Road, Bexhill-on-Sea, East Sussex, TN40 1JG
Mob. - 07739 998 012 (Paula or Gerry)
10:00 - 14:00hrs
Admission charge unknown

Bolton - Barry Potter / BP Fairs - Scheduled for the 6th Jan

Wirral - Barry Stockton Fairs - Merseyside Hobbies & Model Railway Show
Hulme Hall, Port Sunlight, Wirral, CH62 5DH
Web. - http://barrystocktonfairs.co.uk/
Tel. - 01513 343 362
10:30 - 15:30
Admission - Adult £4.50p, Children £1

Worcester - Tony Oaks Toy Fairs
Perdiswell Leisure Centre, Bilford Road, Worcester, Worcestershire, WR3 8DX
Internet presence unknown
Tel. - 01270 652 773
Mob. - 07825 631 323
10:30 - 14:00hrs
Admission £2, free parking


Sunday 30th December 2018

Doncaster - Barry Potter / BP Fairs - 'Doncaster Racecourse'
Doncaster Exhibition Centre, Leger Way, Doncaster, DN2 6BB
Web. -
www.bpfairs.com
Tel. - 01604 846 688
Mob. - 07966 527 177
10:30 - 15:00hrs
Admission - Adults £4, Seniors £3.50p, Children £1, 'Early Bird' (from 8 a.m.) £10
Plenty of free parking

Rayleigh - SRP Toyfairs
Sweyne Park School, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 9BZ
Tel. - 07739 998 012 (Paula or Gerry)
10:00 - 14:00hrs
Admission charge unknown


Auctions

Still no Auctions


If you are an event promoter/show curator/auctioneer and you want your toy, model, collectable or popular-/youth-culture type sale/exhibition/event listed here - FOR FREE - or linked to; please eMail me -

maverickatlarge[at]hotmail[dot]com

- stating the date/s of the event, address of event, contact details, opening/viewing times, admission pricing and any other relevant facts/details or features - parking, travel notes, disability access, availability of refreshments, event subject matter &etc.

And please mention any flyer-art or poster-/leaflet-scans but send by separate eMail, in case they go to the 'junk' folder, from where they can be recovered and marked safe, but only if I know they're there!


Nothing down here this time - I really am having a few days off!

6 comments:

steven said...


This is a testimony that i will tell everyone to hear i have been married four 3years and on the 4years of my marriage another woman had a spell to take my husband away from me and my husband left me and the kids and we have suffered for 1year and 6 months until i meant a post where this man Dr Bakaba have helped someone and i decided to give him a try to help me bring my love husband home and believe me i just send my picture to him and that of my husband and after 3days as he have told me i saw a car drove into the house and behold it was my husband and he have come to me and the kids and that is why i am happy to make every one of you in similar to met with this man and have your lover back to your self His email ( bakabaspelltemple@gmail.com ) or call or WhatsApp him ( +2347063836098 ) thanks to Dr BAKABA get all your problem solve..No problem is too big for him to solve..Contact him now

Hugh Walter said...

My advice - to your husband - is take the kids and run for the hills!

Your wife is nuts, gullible and under the spell of a snake-oil salesman!

H

janny crocket said...

Ever since my husband got me divorced for the past 2 years, i v'e not been my self. I was reviewing some post of how i could get back my husband then, i saw a testimony shared by Marina Choas from SWEDEN about a spell caster named Dr. tunde. I contacted Marina Chaos to confirm about how Dr. tunde helped her and she clarified everything to me of how he helped her and that gave me the courage to get in touch with Dr. tunde for help. Dr. tunde assured me that my days of sorrows will be over within 48hours after he has finished with his work. I followed his instructions he gave to me because i had the believe, faith, hope and trust in him. Verily i say to you today that i and my husband are back together and i can proudly say and testify to the world of what Dr. tunde did for me. Contact him today via E-mail:(babatundesolutioncentre1@gmail.com) OR call him or whatsapp him +2348143581382 if you seek his help.

Hugh Walter said...

Janny - I'd rather call Satan and ask him for an enema.

H

laura said...

THANKS TO THE MIGHTY SPELL CASTER DR okeke ODIN WHO HELPED ME BROUGHT BACK MY WIFE BACK HOME TO MY KIDS. I WAS MARRIED TO MY HUSBAND FOR SEVEN YEARS AND WE LIVED HAPPILY TOGETHER UNTIL A CERTAIN DAY HE JUST WOKE UP FROM SLEEP TO TELL ME THAT HE DOES NOT LOVE ME ANY MORE. AT FIRST I TAUGHT IT WAS A JOKE BUT WITH TIME I BECAME TO SEE THAT HE WAS SERIOUS. WE ALREADY HAVE TWO KIDS TOGETHER SO A DAY CAME WHEN HE JUST ARRANGED IS BAGS AND SAID HE LEAVING THE HOUSE FOR GOOD AND SHE IS KNOW LONGER INTERESTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP. HE MOVED OUT WITH TIME I FOUND OUT THAT HE WAS IN LOVE WITH ANOTHER WOMAN AND THEY BOTH TRAVELED OUT OF THE CITY. I WAS IN PAIN AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO THAN DIVORCE HER AS I WAS READING THROUGH SOME ARTICLE ABOUT DIVORCE, I READ ABOUT THIS GREAT SPELL CASTER DR OKEKE AND THEY SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM SO I CONTACTED HIM FOR HELP. HE TOLD ME NOT TO WORRY THAT I SHOULD SEND OUR BOTH OUR PICTURE TO HIM AND I DID OKEKE CALL ME TO TELL ME THAT  MY HUSBAND BREAK UP WITH ME BECAUSE HE UNDER A SPELL  BUT IF I NEED HIM BACK IT'S JUST 42 HOURS MY HUSBAND WAS GOING TO COME BACK TO ME. HE TOLD ME WHAT TO DO AND I DID IT WITH CONFIDENT AFTER SOME TIME OKEKE CALL ME AND SAID I SHOULD BEING EXPECTING MY HUSBAND IN THE NEXT 42 HOURS I NEVER BELIEVED HIM UNTIL THE FOLLOWING DAY MY HUSBAND WHO LIFT ME FOR SOME MONTHS CAME TO THE HOUSE ASKING FOR MY FORGIVENESS. I WAS SO SUPPRESS I TAUGHT I WAS DREAMING SOME TIME WHAT YOU DON'T BELIEVE CAN JUST HAPPENED NOW WE ARE HAPPY TOGETHER AGAIN WITH OUR KIDS AGAIN. ALL THANKS TO YOU OKEKE  I taught it wise to share this great work of this great man with everyone here who are heath broken and they are searching for solution to there problem search know more and contact Dr okeke to solved your problem with you reach him AT (writelovespell@gmail.com) or chat him on whatsAp number +2348140443360 HIS THE BEST SPELL CASTER AND SOLUTION TO ALL YOUR PROBLEMS AND PREDICAMENTS HE CAN ALSO HELP WITH THE FOLLOWING ISSUE
1: DIVORCE SPELL2: PREGNANCY SPELL3: LOVE SPELL 4 BRING BACK YOUR EX

Hugh Walter said...

Ah Laura, poor Laura, by the powers vested in my by the gods, me the thrice-blinded and restored Quigon of Tharg, keeper of the secret stores of the Mini Eggs of Cadbury, do solemnly condemn you to eternal damnation, constant ill-will, daily bad luck and ever-high telephone bills, yeah even unto your children and your children's children, for a thousand generations and then one.

H