About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, December 2, 2018

Lucas is for Sacul

These are shown in Joplin's Great Book of Hollow Cast, in metal, as Sacul, so I'm going to assume, presume, guess and suspect they are Sacul in plastic too!

Ethylene Toy; From Hollow-Cast; Highland Bandsmen; Highland Pipes & Drums; Highland Toy Figure; Highland Toy Figures; Highlander; Highlanders; Made in Britain; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Sacul; Sacul Highlanders; Sacul Toy Soldiers; Scots Highlanders; Scots Soldiers; Scots Troops; Scottish Highlanders; Scottish Infantry; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Unlike the Guardsmen to which I've added several figures since we looked at them here a few years ago, the Highlander sample is a rather pathetic two! And in a rather non-descript marbled plastic best described as half-stirred hot-chocolate! But they were languishing under the 'unknown' moniker until a few days ago, so that's a small advance!

They are however, lovely sculpts, although I'd suggest the mace is a tad longer than the scaled up real one would be; he looks like he's planning on a joust once the parade's over! Paint is as poor as the Guardsmen, but the piper has enough left to hint at a well-painted countenance once?

Ethylene Toy; From Hollow-Cast; Highland Bandsmen; Highland Pipes & Drums; Highland Toy Figure; Highland Toy Figures; Highlander; Highlanders; Made in Britain; Polyethylene Toy Soldiers; Sacul; Sacul Highlanders; Sacul Toy Soldiers; Scots Highlanders; Scots Soldiers; Scots Troops; Scottish Highlanders; Scottish Infantry; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com;
Half-stirred hot-chocolate! We looked at a hollow-cast colonial helmeted highlander from Sacul a while ago (several years) whether these are from the same line, or a more ceremonial set I don't know, but suspect the latter.

No comments: