About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, December 24, 2021

H is for How They come In - Even at Christmas!

I had an emergency Christmas parcel from Peter Evan arrive out of the blue the other day, small but perfectly formed with several items of interest, so let's have a look at it . . .

Two Disney figures (centre) and two Disneyalikes (outsides), from three sources, I think the Jasmine is Kinder; she's a polypropylene kit in three parts, I don't know where the Wasabi comes from, he's a bit Phidal-like, but on the small side and a softer PVC as are the two 'princesses', but they are not actually Disney, being Papo's 40mm fantasy models.

I love these! I think they are probably cavemen, but Peter wondered if they might be South Sea islanders (she certainly looks the part!), which would be nice, as there might be palm-huts or a dug-out canoe somewhere, they are also interesting for being two-part hollow mouldings like those dinosaurs we looked at a while ago. I guess a rack-toy thing and large'ish at 80mm

Wing Lung's copies of Matchbox US Infantry in 30mm, the MG gunner was missing from the end of the runner last time we looked at them (also courtesy of Peter!), and I think the other missing pose is probably the shooting officer as seen here, oversized and marked 'China', and also in the lot sent a couple of days ago.

These are some kind of rack-toy Transformer knock-off, there are no instructions, but trail-and-error will probably suffice, and I will build one, one day, just for fun! I have a yellow one somewhere, which probably also came from Mr. Evans, and the red one has a short-short component, otherwise they are the same tooling.

Cheers Peter - fun post for Christmas, and "Happy Christmas" to all Loyal Readers, let's hope 2022 is an improvement on the previous two!

Which also means that at some point in February we will have 22:22hrs 2nd of February 2022 which could be shortened (at twenty-two seconds past the minute) to 22:22:22-2/2/'22 . . . if that's not an invitation to one of Beelzebub's underlings - I don't know what is! Look out Yellowstone - your time may be at hand!

2 comments:

Jan Ferris said...

The transformer knock-offs are interesting...I wonder how well they will fit together?

Hugh Walter said...

I will build one Jan, but at the next/new house not now! I'll ask peter if he can remember where they came from . . .

H