About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, December 26, 2021

R is for Red-Dino-Deer!

Well, the last 'quickie' ended-up being a bit wordy - and I added two images! This will be a real quickie, by way of a follow-up to Brian's B's dino-post of the other day; Red Deer, a brand both Peter E and myself keep finding, sometimes the same sets, sometimes different, sometimes the same sets on different packaging, this found about a week ago here in Fleet!

Small 'Toob' of mini-dinosaurs, some of which we may have seen here at Small Scale World already, as unknowns in a Charity-shop post, standard fare, with the tube packed-out with spurious scenics (useful for war-gamers) and a handful of dinky-dino's.

Here are the dinosaurs; all manufactured in a dense polyethylene rather than the more common PVC-substitute these smaller dino's tend to be found in these days. Each then sprayed from above in a single colour, some of which appear to have a metallic sheen, which isn't there when you look closely, so I suspect a slight translucence or inkiness to the paint, like old-fashioned glass-paint?

The accessories, two rocky outcrops and a couple of palm-trees, following the usual pattern for them these days  - a pair growing together in a semi-flat countenance, with plug on foliage. That's it, out there now in independent hardware and 'everything else' stores; Red Deer's imported 12-piece dinosaur set.

No comments: