About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

M is for Merry Festive Eraser Flats

This post morphed out of nowhere, I found two of them among Mum's things the other day, and was putting them in an H is For... folder of similar finds, when I remembered I had something along the same lines in the forthcoming Dinoraser follow-up/update folder, so I threw them together for a quick festive offering!

The Erasersaurs, I don't know if he's a known character (U.S. TV?) or a generic cartoony thing, maybe tied-in to someone's Christmas card line? But he looks friendly enough and Christmas fun is clearly the name of the game, a bit mawkish for me in the normal course of events, but now there's a Dinoraser 'zone' they had to go in there!

These Halsall imported erasers must have been a long-forgotten stocking present, and I suspect they were being held until Mum found something similar for the other boy, she was always scrupulously fair in the packing of the stocking, or I should say - ensured Santa was scrupulously fair!

They have reacted with either and/or both the inner (a kind of cling-film) and the outer packaging (a cellulose bag), and it's hard to tell if they were once rubber, or candy, but from A) the fact that Redfields still exists as one of those over-priced "end-destination leisure-facility" garden centres, and B) there's no ingredients list, I guess they were pencil-rubbers originally, but they are now rock-hard and covered in a sweat which make them look suspiciously like edible icing!

No comments: