About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, December 11, 2021

S is for Seasonal Scraps

A few Xmas-related items I couldn't shoe-horn into other posts!

The only thing I found in Flying (formally just-) Tiger which was worth a punt, and then only because it was only a quid and I had a pound on me for parking, that I hadn't needed because the old Jobcentreplus was shut early and I thought that if - as a tax-payer - I part-owned the place, I could park there! Wooden snowman, ski-sticks, no skis!

Meanwhile, this came in from Brain B in the Nu Yoik, and I feel a bit guilty as a result, because both Asda and Poundland had smaller nutcrackers for tree hanging, 70/80mm maybe, but I just wasn't in a nutcracker mood this year and left them all regimented on their hooks!

Jo-Ann Stores paint-you-own, dress-your-own and sticker-your own, nutcracker fairy! Of course you can leave the skirt off and with that crown and some diligent painting, make a 'proper nutcracker of the he-fairy variety! "Steal some of the hair for a beard and no one will know, Dr Frankenstein?" Thanks Brian!

This has been hanging around by the front door on the old telephone stand for years, well decades according to the date on it! A lot of corporate cards are just naff shite aren't they? But I felt some effort and thought had gone into this piece of direct-marketing, so I thought I should record it before it went to recycling!

You may remember me mentioning I'd gone back and bought two duplicate cake-decorations in Hobbycraft when I posted the others a couple of weeks ago, well, I took them back and exchanged them for these two.

The polar bear was a nice sculpt and I can't say no to a motorcycle even if it is a scooter! Compared with the Airfix one, you can see it will take one of the many orphaned 35-45mm riders piling-up in that zone! I was tickled by the two holes in the pack to stop the handlebars breaking, but which makes it easier for them to catch on things . . . doh!

No comments: