About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, December 15, 2021

L is for Last Minute Present Idea

If you're the other side of the Pond! Sent by Mr. Berke, who has been busy ensuring his grandson has a roaring time on the 25th, these are the latest in prehistoric entertainment from Greenbrier in the 'States and DTSC in Canada.

From the left we have a Stegosaurusaur, a Rex-sized raptor, a actual T-Rexington and a flappy-chappie down the front! These are in a larger size and look to be very good for the pocket-money/rack toy price-range they will be in, I saw similar stuff in The Works the other day, but hadn't taken my camera, doh!

Ray Harryhausen eat your heart out! The Pterasaur fights one of the now finished SCS Direct fantasy figures, he (the skeletal human) doesn't look too fazed, but if you're [un]dead and already pretty-familiar with Hades, I guess another demise is just part of the job description!

I had to look twice at the knight, I thought he was one of the K&M/Wild Republic set! While the ladies aren't taking any chances, that shot will go through the roof of Rex's mouth and straight into his very small brain! The SCS figures paint-up nicely and scale well with these beasts.

Oh! . . . Well, it's a very big axe and he's quite a small target? I think the Steggie' is just a panicking veggie, so it's those two-foot long, Atlantic-grey claws old Gimli needs to watch-out for! Cheers Brian, they are nice dino-sculpts, and the SCS are looking good!

No comments: