About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, April 8, 2024

B is for Back to America!

We are getting there, but there's still about eight posts-worth of stuff before the final tying-up post, which I may do as a 'Page' at the top of this page? And it's all scans today, and all from over the pond.

This is a kit from Ayers of California, but the text refers to Weston as being behind the interior fixtures and fitting, so they must have supplied the little train guard, or 'Conductor', as he's in an American car!
 

Just box-ticking with these two survivors, the upper one has a manuscript note on the reverse in James Chase's hand, stating "Merten 818-819", so presumably the card carried the tourist set, while the other has five closed staples and may have held something fine, like sign-posts and not figures at all? It's coded on the back A34:250, in a rubber-stamp, but my archive has little else on Aristo-Craft. We've previously seen Preiser circus wagons from Aristo-Craft, and did somebody mention Comet/Authenticast in an earlier comment? So clearly a jobber, repackaging all sorts.
 

As far as I know the only figures they ever did, small shot injection-moulded, and carried in Walther's/Terminal Hobby Shop, for the longest time, but like so much of this stuff, sliding out of sight in the last decade or so.
 
These Lytler & Lytler are funny-ironic, as I had this catalogue/image, long before I got the 'unknown' figures, which were subsequently ID'd by Mike Cozart, and I revisited the same image with some crops here, it looks like I may have the whole range, including the drug-store cigar-Indian!

Another one from Walther's, these are Master Creations (MC), and I could have done a few scans, but this is probably the best of a line which also didn't change. Cast brass . . . you'd have to get the smithing tools out to work these!

No comments: