About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, April 5, 2024

P is for Peter's Plunder - Highlights 2

The rest of the best! Everything else has been filtered into the temporary TBS storage here in the flat and will be used over time in thematic or comparison shots, or eventually, when I stop talking about it and get it done, the A-Z blog entries!

These were interesting, they are hard polystyrene, sub-scale copies of the Timpo GI's (and will need adding to the Khaki Infantry page at some point), probably from Poland, but could be Hungarian or Argentinian, or similar?
 
Four make-weights at the back, but in front is a totally new-to-me figure of a pioneer/SeaBee/mine-clearer, prone with shovel (or is he a combat latrine digger!), I'm guessing (even assuming!) he's from a small, modern play set, or window-box/die-cast vehicle type thing? Could he be from one of the Toy Story sets?
 
I found one of these while putting this one away, so we may have seen it before here, but no harm to see it again . . . imported by Tech H E Ltd., credited to a Just Play, but clearly actually Hasbro via 'Authentic Transformers'?
 
I may have these in storage, Turtle Stampers, they were in the TKMaxx subsidiary Home Bargains a while ago, and I remember trying to select two cards which had the maximum of poses and minimum duplicates, but I'm not sure if I bought them or left them on the peg, after a rare moment of budgetary common sense?
 
Not to scale, a whole bunch of mostly modern mechanics, road/construction workers and race crew, with the old Dinky example in grey 'styrene. Mike Blake shows a larger sample of the yellow ones in one of these new, generic crinkly-bag China sets in the latest issue of Plastic Warrior magazine (issue 193, pp.12), but doesn't mention the hollow-backs, I don't know if his examples are full-solids?
 
The racing champion, semi-flat, looks a bit like some of the farm stuff carried by Padgett Brothers (A-Z), so may be via-them, and while the decoration might be home-messing with paint-markers (there's a lot of it around these days), I suspect factory-paint?
 
To scale!

Cherilea (?) tree, Quaker Foods gladiator's horse and a jumping ghost.
Brilliant!

 
A bag from The Toy Project's shop in North London, much covered in the past and worth a visit if you're near, worth supporting in any event. A Papo pirate, two natives from the Playmates (?) King Kong sets, a Disney Princess and two farmworkers, along with a couple of interesting figures . . . 

. . . being the characters of Duke Kaboom and Combat Carl, both from the Toy Story franchise, and I believe both Toy Story 4? There are various iterations of Combat Carl (don't say GI Joe, they may sue, Evel Knievel's family/estate were threatening to?)*, what's fun is that they are sculpted as mini action-figures, complete with knee and elbow joints - so would make excellent action-figure props in a dolls house! Wheels within wheels, as pop eats itself!
 
*They did, they lost!
 
Many thanks to Peter for putting all this stuff to one side for me, and you, to enjoy!

No comments: