About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

MPC is for Mint Plastic Corsairs . . . Ring-hand Reissues

Someone posted these on a Faceplant group a while ago, at the same time as mine were in the post! Someone is re-issuing the old MPC ring-hand pirates, and two or three evilBay sellers are shifting them, at reasonable rates in several colours, as complete runners, straight out of the moulding machine!

International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; MPC 60mm Figures; MPC Pirates; Multiple Products Corp.; Multiple Toys; Pirate Accessories; Pirate Accoutrements; Pirate Flag; Pirate Hats; Pirate Tools; Pirates; Pirates on Runner; Re-issue Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Treasure Box; Treasure Chest; Treasure Trunk;
Four poses and 11 accessories making ten assemblies; the treasure chest is two parts. I bought the blue as I thought they'd photograph easier, but they have red, yellow and . . . black or grey?

International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; MPC 60mm Figures; MPC Pirates; Multiple Products Corp.; Multiple Toys; Pirate Accessories; Pirate Accoutrements; Pirate Flag; Pirate Hats; Pirate Tools; Pirates; Pirates on Runner; Re-issue Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Treasure Box; Treasure Chest; Treasure Trunk;
The Captains got the treasure, his No.2 is taking the cat-o-nine-tails to some poor unfortunate, pirate 1 is definitely digging, and the ugly brute (first mate?) is spoiling for a fight! I suggested on the Faceplant thread that they were as clean as the originals, but I think - upon reflection - they are a bit flashier, but it's not so bad and can be easily removed with a sharp blade.

International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; MPC 60mm Figures; MPC Pirates; Multiple Products Corp.; Multiple Toys; Pirate Accessories; Pirate Accoutrements; Pirate Flag; Pirate Hats; Pirate Tools; Pirates; Pirates on Runner; Re-issue Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Treasure Box; Treasure Chest; Treasure Trunk;
A good 60mm+, a bit big for some, but I have a 'day' to feed here, annually, so I'll take them whatever the size . . . or material!

International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; MPC 60mm Figures; MPC Pirates; Multiple Products Corp.; Multiple Toys; Pirate Accessories; Pirate Accoutrements; Pirate Flag; Pirate Hats; Pirate Tools; Pirates; Pirates on Runner; Re-issue Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Treasure Box; Treasure Chest; Treasure Trunk;
An old one, cleaned-up and trying on the wardrobe! I think the 'club' is meant to be a marlin spike or 'fid' and should be more tapered, but I stand to be corrected, as I've said before I might be an Admiral's grandson, but nautical I 'aint!

2 comments:

Gisby said...

It's a belaying pin, and the right shape!

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Gisby, sorry, I'm not getting eMail alerts for comments despite re-setting the setting?!!

Quickly Googles it . . . YES! The things the rat-lines run-down to! You're a star!

H