About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 12, 2021

News, Views Etc . . . C is for Comments - Not!

I've just found and answered a bunch of comments for which I'd had no eMail notifications, so I'll try refreshing my settings, but Blogger just hasn't been the same after last year's layout/format changes . . . it might be fine on a smart-phone, but if you're using a lap-top or desk-top it's glitchy and a bit crap.

I don't even bother with traffic stats anymore while tag-editing is a pain! In the past the big changes in - can't remember now (2010 and 2012 . . . 2009 and 12?), were always 'get-used-to-able', but these last changes are a year old and still visually horrible - in 'edit' - and technically annoying!

4 comments:

Gog said...

Very true! I know many people who think the same, but blogger isn't anymore what it used to be, and I think not so profitable as all the other platforms that are available. You are not alone :)

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Gog . . . did you get the Mail I sent you a while back?

H

Gog said...

I checked... I think it is something about some statues based on a comic book named "The House of Gog", they are quite cool, something like Mad Max meet the Matrix, thanks for sharing.

My username comes though from the novel by Giovanni Papini, which I read around 10 years ago, and liked very much. It has a certain cult-status in Spain and South America, but it is quite unknown in English or German speaking countries, where it has not been reprinted since the 1930s-40s.

Hugh Walter said...

Well, I'm glad you got it!

H