About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, September 6, 2021

P is for Previously Seen on the Internet . . . I - Space

As well as here, I do from time to time post elsewhere, and for a while now (well, since the start of the global Covid-19 SARS-Cov2 coronavirus pandemic!) I have been posting the odd bit to various Faceplant 'groups', Heiler Brian's group tends to get stuff which has already been seen here (or is less relevant to this Blog - re-posted Star Wars and Dr Who memes, toy/pop cultural cartoons etc!), but Peter Evans's Friends of Plastic Warrior and a couple of the Polish sites get new stuff, and there's been the odd other bit.

As posting on such sites is a pretty ephemeral exercise with little in the way of SEO or tags/labels, and with them eventually disappearing off the bottom of the page (you can search by author, but if they've posted a lot your browser can slow to a stop on Faceplant before you find it), I thought I'd re-post some of it here, by way of a variation of Lazy Posts!

Supermarionation; 40mm Figurines; 54mm Toy Figures; Argentine Space Woman; Britains Copy; Britains Space; Deetail Copy; Deetail Space; Filmation; Fireball XL5; Gerry Anderson; Jean Astronauts; Jean Höffler; Jean Hoefler; Jean Spacemen; MPC Fireball XL5; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Aliens; Space Woman;
Jean Höfleur 40mm astronauts from the Luna Station play-sets, and - as far as I know - they only downsized four of the eight larger-scale figures, although there were [earlier?] multi-coloured versions; these have a coat of semi-matt silbver paint over silver plastic.

Supermarionation; 40mm Figurines; 54mm Toy Figures; Argentine Space Woman; Britains Copy; Britains Space; Deetail Copy; Deetail Space; Filmation; Fireball XL5; Gerry Anderson; Jean Astronauts; Jean Höffler; Jean Hoefler; Jean Spacemen; MPC Fireball XL5; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Aliens; Space Woman;
Britains Deetail-style Alien-Cylon-Robo' Babe, with an Argentine copy on the right, the copy is polystyrene and has a sensible 'toy soldier' base! I just love the metallic pink and cherry red . . . Space disco-babe! I don't have a brand/maker for the copy yet?

Supermarionation; 40mm Figurines; 54mm Toy Figures; Argentine Space Woman; Britains Copy; Britains Space; Deetail Copy; Deetail Space; Filmation; Fireball XL5; Gerry Anderson; Jean Astronauts; Jean Höffler; Jean Hoefler; Jean Spacemen; MPC Fireball XL5; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Space Aliens; Space Woman;
Fireball XL5's Venus (in blue jeans?) on a Speeder Bike, No! Hovercycle, No! Space Flyer, No! Lawmaster, No!. . . Jetmobile; she's on a Jetmobile! MPC. I still need a Steve Zodiac if anyone happens to have a spare (I know, I'm thinking of going into stand-up!), I have his bike, but he's wandered off!

2 comments:

Chris Smith said...

Hugh, have put an image on the facebook friends of plastic warrior post you done on the Venus figure. Cheers Chris

Hugh Walter said...

I saw it mate, and I've replied, he's lovely and he can have her 'flyer' and she will go better on his red one, and those wax-figures arrived, so I'll shoot them and get some off to you in the week, I think they must be from one of the 'make your own' toys, but I can find the correct one! They're not the Emenee Formex 7 Military Casting Set?

H