About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

V is for Variations on a Theme!

The reason I didn't spend much time on the early group shot of Hing Fat (or pre-Hing Fat) in the Intro' post, was because we've looked at them before more than once, and because I had these come-in a while later;

54mm Pirates; China Pirates; Factory Painted Pirates; Hing Fat; Hing Fat Pirates; Hong Kong; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; ITLAPD Talk Like A Pirate; Made in China; Made in Hong Kong; PVC Pirates; PVC Vinyl Figures; Rado Industries; Ri-Toys Pirates; Rubber Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Pirates;
These are very-much 'unknown' and possibly quite recent/contemporary, they are the 'Hing Fat' poses; eight, and both slightly smaller and manufactured from a PVC vinyl, or substitute of the same and - as you can see - factory-painted.

Now, it's lazy to mutter pantograph in this case, as soft rubberised polymers always shrink more than the harder polyethylenes/'styrenes, so they could be from the same tool, contracted from Hing Fat for a play-set or something - cake dec's?

54mm Pirates; China Pirates; Factory Painted Pirates; Hing Fat; Hing Fat Pirates; Hong Kong; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; ITLAPD Talk Like A Pirate; Made in China; Made in Hong Kong; PVC Pirates; PVC Vinyl Figures; Rado Industries; Ri-Toys Pirates; Rubber Pirates; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate; Toy Pirates;
Now, it seems to me that I should probably have another guy with purple trousers and one less (or one more) in green/yellow, to make a full set . . . at a 20 or 22-count; the rest is just too neat! But it could still be coincidence, so I will keep a look-out for them and see if a consistency becomes apparent after more have appeared?

No comments: