About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, September 19, 2021

R is for Remaining Resin Rowdy Released

Another search over is the missing Puckator pirate, although you may remember I found him a while ago (March 2019) sorting other stuff and when taking everything up to the storage unit a few months ago, I finally broke him free, to give me a full set, loose.

Crew Members; Dig It Out; Discover Pirate Group; Gypsum Novelty; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Novelty; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Pucator Pirates; Pucator Resin Novelties; Ropesman; Ship's Crew; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate;
I don't know if you can remember when we looked at them in some depth (2012) but I was worried about how he would be buried in his block, with or without resin rope (as the box scan suggested), but he wasn't, and the anchor was quite a substantial piece, moulded against his shin, so - in the end - he's one of the least likely of the six to damage!

I made him a rope out of that thick thread people use to make little pictures; cross-stitch? Although I realised afterward I should have tried to match the blue shank wrapped round his torso? As I've found a whole box of those threads in hundreds of colours, I will do so sometime.

Crew Members; Dig It Out; Discover Pirate Group; Gypsum Novelty; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Novelty; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Pucator Pirates; Pucator Resin Novelties; Ropesman; Ship's Crew; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate;
Going over old ground here I think; [checks old post] No, I described the water treatment, but showed the dry-digging which did more damage! Anyway; this is the gypsum block after removal of a shrink-wrapped sheet of polythene film.

Crew Members; Dig It Out; Discover Pirate Group; Gypsum Novelty; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Novelty; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Pucator Pirates; Pucator Resin Novelties; Ropesman; Ship's Crew; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate;
As I said last time, stiff nail-brush, running water, work slowly so the plaster clears the u-bend! FIND THE BASE . . . once you know where the base is it's much easier to free the figure without damaging him.

Crew Members; Dig It Out; Discover Pirate Group; Gypsum Novelty; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Novelty; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Pucator Pirates; Pucator Resin Novelties; Ropesman; Ship's Crew; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate;
And then find the back and work round the finer details, a toothbrush comes into its own at this point!

Crew Members; Dig It Out; Discover Pirate Group; Gypsum Novelty; International Talk Like A Pirate Day; ITLAPD; Pirate Novelty; Pirates; Plaster Novelty; Plasterware; Pucator Pirates; Pucator Resin Novelties; Ropesman; Ship's Crew; Small Scale World; smallscaleworld.blogspot.com; Talk Like A Pirate;
Puckator pirates . . . the full set, released from their - pretty crude - unprocessed gypsum-plaster graves! Smallish (35mm) but nice sculpts, and if you've followed ITLAPD here for any time you'll know there are plenty of similar sized figures in each scale, indeed - a few years from now, we'll maybe have so few new ones (or new old ones) to track down we may have an ITLAPD-year of size-posts!

No comments: