About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, August 13, 2023

C is for Charity Shop Round-up

A quick round-up of recent Charity shop finds, I haven't been as diligent this last two-and-a-half years as I had become, in checking the shops, too busy running about, or sorting stuff back at the house. But as the end-game creeps nearer I have got up to town with a few minutes to spare more often in recent weeks, and this is what I've found since the last post of this nature!

This was no money at all - two punds I think? The shots aren't brilliant, but then none of it is likely to interest most of you, but it will all prove useful in comparison, round-up and thematic posts or pages going forward, being mostly figural, and it's an eclectic mix of  pieces in ceramic, wood, resin, glass and mixed-media.
 
While I paid a little more than I like to for these, there are actually four posts in the long queue on these, and several other posts on similar recent or current blind-bag 'playground' collectables (Panosh, Zomlings, Moshlings, Shopkins etc), which have been building since we last looked at these, here, back in  . . .  2014/15? But they aren't a priority and can wait.
 
In the meantime, here's a reminder of the variety of both the shapes and colours of these Gogo Crazy Bones, which date back to the 1990's (frighteningly, if you're my age; some 30-odd years ago!), and aren't hard to find in quantities like this, you may remember a jar-full at The Toy Project charity in London.
 
I had this tin in a previous purchase, not sure if Blogged or queue, but it was full of the coloured ones and only one or two of the gold-chromed, so the previous owner had obviously swapped some out, however as a commercial set, it's probably not worth as much as some of the earlier individual ones can go for, if deemed 'rare'.
 
In the queue articles I have now got Star Wars (I think?), Disney and Israeli knock-off's, among others, so they were very popular for a while, and one day I will get the rest out of the queue, maybe as a stand-alone page?
 
Mixed lot of mostly 1980/90's Kinder toys, a couple of superhero/Barbie types and a few of the more recent luggage/mobile 'phone hangers, but I thought the frog pencil-top had a bit of age . . . although, he may just be dirty!
 
A whole tub of animals for a fiver the other week, it's an odd selection with very modern cheapies rubbing shoulders with vintage, mid-range Safari, and Schleich top-end stuff, all good gap-fillers!
 
Can't say "No" to happy cat fairing types and the Schleich Dino' was a quid, so this trio came home with me.
 
While this lot was three purchases last week, a bunch of Whimsies from Wade, which brought back memories of childhood (we used to have ours from Christmas crackers lined up on the narrow shelf above the curtains in our shared bedroom), a nice, probably Indian figurine of a musician in wood and Compo from Last of the Summer Wine, who I think goes with a recent Corgi-branded die-cast vehicle - he's a lump of whitemetal.

2 comments:

jon attwood said...

Those Kinder figures look familiar!
The ones in the bags are from the larger Easter egg Kinders (or kinder type), a range marketed as DC girls, you have Batgirl and Wonder Woman there.
Smaller ones on the right are from the Justice league collection, green lantern, the flash and Wonder Woman again.
There was also a range of similar looking figures with larger heads that click when turned, and occasionally spin round, I think there were some of these in one of my parcels.
They are around 5-7 years old. I went through a lot of these just to get the Batman ones for a collection.
The China bears, hippos etc are earlier, around the turn of the century I think.
Glad to see them getting a writeup.
Jon

Hugh Walter said...

Cheers Jon, I haven't done Kinder proud on the Blog really, but one day I'll get it all up here! And yes, there are a few in your donations . . . I will email you on them, as I've pretty-much finished sorting them, and Adrian had a look at some while they were on the table!

H