About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, August 15, 2023

R is for Rack Toy Shelfies

There's a few of these posts in the queue now, so we'll get some of the current stuff up here! Brian Berke, our roving toy-spotter in New York, sent me a bunch of shelfies the other week, in time for RTM, and while some have gone off to the near eternal Coventry of the long queue as being not figural enough for this Blog (they will eventually be used on the A-Z pages or in more thematic stuff), here are a few which hit the spot perfectly!

 
Superhero types, clearly aping the Power Rangers, and similar to the ones in our (UK's) pound shops a few years ago, but lacking the five minis that came with ours, and having some level of articulation - at the arms only I fancy?
 
Nice bunch of Dinosaurs, one day I'll put all the dinosaur bags and cards we've looked at on one page, so they can be more easily sorted and grouped, and so we can see easily which lots are in more than one branding/packaging! There's about fourteen in the bag, it's hard to see them all, and they look to about the same size as the next lot, so that's plenty of bang for your ten-bucks?

These are particularly nice for what they are - cheap rack toy animals - as I thought the paint was particularly good for the type? They are also on the large side, and I think that Panda (and possibly one or two others) are in the queue, loose, so a UK issue (probably in different packaging) is a certainty on this one! . . . No, we saw it here the other day, in the charity-shop round-up - I think it's triple-A or AAA under the generic card?!
 
I shot this in The Works the other day, I think we may have seen it before, so, if we have; ho-hum! But if we haven't, I think we've seen other items in this line, graphical-speaking? What I call medium-sized; 6/8-inches, and quite well modelled, but paint is a little uninspiring.

From the metadata on the shot, this was inches away from the previous set, but the price label was not a standard 'Works one, so I managed to confuse myself, medium smalls at about 4/6-inches, and paint/detailing pretty much matches the others so the same source in China? I rather like the Plesiosaur arching across the top!
 
And . . . that's three sets of dinosaurs, with no Dimetrodon? WT very actual F! You used to get a Dimetrodon in every set, line, range or bunch of dinosaur toys, now you hardley ever see them? It's discrimination, that's what it is, I'm joining the Far Left to militantly campaign against this injustice, 'caus the woke middle are ignoring this obvious slight against Dimbo!

Many thanks, as always, to Brian, for everything he does for the Blog.

No comments: