About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, August 17, 2023

W is for We Buy This Shit So You Don't Have To!

I managed to get a bloody parking ticket the other day, so this little lot from Poundland has proved to be more expensive than it should have done!
 
Peter Evan's; Plastic Warrior magazine's roving reporter, told us about these garden/houseplant ornaments, on his Faceplant group a few weeks ago, so while I was in Farnborough on another mission, I popped into Poundland and grabbed a handful, at a quid each they weren't bank-breakers, and will make useful additions / accessories to or in the stash. The little tree is broken but it's the only one they had left.

These are interesting, as we saw . . . no we didn't, they're not on the Blog, so they must be in the queue somewhere, I'll hold on that for now then, and just say - these are fun! Blind Bag collectables, from Toikido (as in 'toy-kid-o'?), also responsible for the 'Amoung Us' blind bags, seen here recently.
 
And we'll have more on them later today now (as I've just found a whole 'missing' folder of shelfies I sort of knew I hadn't found . . . or had lost?!!), without chains in their heads, I can confidently predict there won't be a Series 2, as we will see later today, these are a clearance exercise!

Lucky Bags! The modern take on them, and contents are very disappointing, for figure collectors; a four-year-old would probably be very happy with a colouring thing, a bouncy-ball (always good for annoying adults) and a bunch of stickers!
 
These aren't shit! They were in Peter Evan's last parcel to the blog (just in time for Rack Toy Month!), HTI set of China animals, the Panda is similar to the AAA one we've seen twice recently, but that would be too much of a coincidence, and actually this one is a little different and smaller!
 
Neither are these shit, but interesting, manufactured by Gulliver in Brazil, they are somewhere between the 1:76th and 60mm of the Atlantic originals they're copied from, at about 40mm, but are here being handled by a Fanabri of Portugual.
 
Easily findable on eBay, or they were a year or so ago, you get 2-5 mounted and 10-15 foot in an assortment of bright/primary colours which appear to be identical to the Brazilian output, or leftover production taken in lieu of debt, apparently Gulliver (Brasil) folded with debts, as did Gulliver (Germany)!?

No comments: