About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, August 17, 2023

L is for Lost Lot!

Totally lost it with this lot, I'd named the folder stupidly and mislaid it in front of my face, but found it this morning and have just shuffled the images for a quick shelfie post, these were all taken in February, so mostly post Christmas 'first quarter' stock. And I was embarking on a 14-image post when I realised the first three were TKMaxx not B&M, so I'll fire these off and do the B&M in a minute!

Nearly bought this for the astronaut, but realised it would mean filling a whole tub with memory-foam shite, because 'set', so I'll wait 'till a badly-coloured-in one turns up in a mixed lot in ten years, bleach him overnight and give him a silver-grey wash! Marked up to both TJM in the UK, and a Maxi Save Pty., in Australia.
 
ID'ing mini dinosaurs, we've seen Teamsterz before, usually (but not always) badged to HTI, and I think we might have had a stab at deciding whether they were Supreme or Pioneer figurals, plumping for the latter if anything, but I can't be arsed to check the past posts - it's all on the dongles, so it will be right when the A-Z entries get written-up!
 
A couple of nice Animal sets; wild and extinct! Also Maxi Save in the antipodes, over here they are claimed for TJ Morris's of both Liverpool and Belfast, obviously the same TJM, and chosen for one reason TJM = TJMaxx; the US meister-office!
 
I thought these might be Terra by Battat in new packaging, but they seem to be different, however they are nice sculpts in their own right, and will be supplied by someone else.

No comments: