About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

T is for Two - Euro Bags

Except, of course, when issued, one of these wasn't a 'Euro' anything, but rather a 'Warpac' bag! However, that was all so long ago now, it's almost ancient history, nearly 3/4's of the time it lasted, away from us now!

This one's obviously French, although there's no clue as to branding, beyond the repeats of 'Jouets' (toys), and as a 'bazaar' issue, probably meant to be pretty anonymous! The contents, however - hard to shoot through the billion-folds of age clouding the bag - seem to be original and shipped-in from the States?


As I think it's a complement of original Lido Japanese and German infantry, shoving the date back to the 1950's, and an odd combination, especially back when it was easier to see through the bag! Maybe another set was a mix of US Infantry and FFL! Many thanks to Peter Evans of Plastic Warrior magazine for this set, which was in one of his bags, and a donation one, not a pay-for one!

I found this looking lost, unloved and - most importantly - cheap, on feeBay, and it nicely confirms everything previously said here about these Hungarian semi-flats, despite my eemies best efforts to 'suggest' Poland or Russia in the past!
 
 
The Cavalry arrives! I love the motorcyclist - Indy' and his dad might escape the Germans in a stolen machine, but this Hungarian looks pretty determined to stop whoever is doing whatever from continuing to so do! As does the blue guy, firing his 'Schmeisser' MP38/40 from the back of a horse! Brilliant stuff!

Only the seven items in the bag, and I'll be hoping to find a few  more, for now, we can add the Hungarian collective Vörsas Game Department to the tag list and enjoy the simple pleasures of more innocent times!

No comments: