About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 7, 2023

WHC is for Success!

We've probably had that one before! Hay-ho, a couple of items from WH Cornelius, now Playwrite, founded in 1911 and still going strong having seen their friendly rival H Grossman get swallowed-up in the last few years.

A very simple one, being a single copy of an MPC 'ring-hand' figure with a small runner of accessories, but just the thing to shut Junior up when out shopping . . . Until he starts losing the small pieces under the stroller (which was still called a pram in those days!), and probably from the era when it would have been sixpence, switching to Five New P in 1970!

This however, despite having quite dated graphics, can't be older than 1993, as that was when the CE mark was introduced? But, it may have been old stock getting a second outing with the addition of a sticker?
 
I intend - one day - to open this, just to construct and photograph the aircraft hangar! I've always dismissed the tank as shit, and back when I was a small-scale only collector, I sent several to recycling or charity! 


But here (with the turret reversed over the rear deck) it actually looks a bit like a British Scorpion, it isn't, it's still just a made-up thingy, but for Garden war-gamers (who don't seem fussy) it would make a usable CVRT! All the contents are common generics (except the card building), with Airfix clones and may well be from more than one source.

No comments: