About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 14, 2023

LB is for Look, Box!

I found this in the arched-file archive last night, god knows where it came from, it's hideously discoloured by sunlight/smoking, it's missing what should be its top and has been ripped from gizzard to guts, but the label in intact, and gives us a code to join the one in the catalogue we saw awhile-ago, that was a set of six I think, this is three, although you can see from my dodgy mock-up, that all eight would fit.


AB068
SPACEMEN
SILVER   boxed   3
Produce of more than one country

You can see how maybe six or all eight might have been available in the same packaging (presumably with different codes?), and would certainly fit. While I remember in the late 1990's buying them for Paul M, from a large round plastic sweet-jar, as a counter-top dispenser, which would have held 30-40 figures? That's it, just a curiosity which turned-up and got shared with everyone!

No comments: