About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, August 21, 2023

F is for Follow-up, Just a Follow-up!

I few things which have popped-up here in the last few weeks, to which I've added another 'thing', so, shove them all together and we've got a bitty post, of limited interest, but hey, you can't be perfect everyday!

A shelfie I took in The Works last week, nothing exciting, but it all helps, or will help ID this stuff in the future, I think there were three different packings of the dinosaurs; clearly combining a set of medium-sized ones (the ones from WHSmith a few years ago?) and a set of smallies, while the farm sets all seemed to have the same contents.
 
I would have bought a couple, but until we complete on this place I have to be frugal, in case I need to find another six-month's rent in December - which is frighteningly not far away now!

Charity shop handful, the large Policeman's base matches the farm lady we saw here a while ago, she was an Elastolin clone, and while I think he's more original, the connection might help explain his slightly German look?
 
The bear is a MEG Teddy in my Pocket, and just happens to look like Paddington, I don't think he's meant to be/represent Paddington, but I'm equally sure it wasn't a coincidence! And the Toy Story model of Jessie is a Nestle premium.
 
While on the blind-bag front, from the 'We buy this shit...' department, and also from The Works (although they will be all over the place), came this Super Thing, from Magicbox, a small foamed-rubber 'kin, with a hole which can be stretched over a pencil, even though they don't seem to be specifically designed for pencils?

No comments: