About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

D is for Dyna Model Products Co., or 'Dyna-Mo'

Continuing the rather haphazard look at model Railway figures and ephemera, which was going to be about five or six companies in the run-up to Christmas but which will now extend to the end if Feb at this rate of a one post every few days, and cover . . . 30-odd makers, maybe more?

Brain Berke sent us his Dyna-Mo, I've actually cropped one out of a larger picture, which will reappear in a round-up at the end, with links to all the relevant posts! His set of HO '4 seated figures and bench', is clearly HO, or OO-gauge compatible, unlike my example . . . 
 
Which is supposed to be the same (we've seen it, and the box end before), yet the alpine climber clearly shows it to be more like N-gauge? You could use it in the background to help force perspective, but I think 'box scale' is more accurate!
 

Walther's entries for 1998 (above) and 2000 (below), they may still be around, just, but someone on an old Google group isn't sure, and Scalemates are no help at all! Last known as being operated out of Sangervill, Maine (USA), by a Tom Kemp, mostly concentrating on the old-fashioned car kits?
 






But in their heyday, they were pretty prolific, and the above is only a hint of their products, with a four-page flyer, and several old magazine advertisements, probably from Model Railroader magazine?
 

Back in the 1940/50's they also did model aircraft, a line which, I would imagine, was killed dead by the plastic kit revolution! I looked for them in Ron Smith's 'Collecting Toy Airplanes' but they are not there, he tended to concentrate on ready-to-play commercial models though. Likewise, the Richardson's book only has Dynaflytes (Zylmex I think), which are both commercially finished and a smaller scale.
 




If you've read this far, you may appreciate the more wordy ephemera! We did also look at a post-card marketing/mail-shot they did in a past post, use the Tag, where you will also find the box-end for the forklift-truck!

No comments: