About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, January 21, 2024

Q is for Question Time - Space Play Mat

You'll either know this 'cos you've got it, or you won't have a clue, the only clue I had was that it might have been from one of the larger Hing Fat sets, but a bit of googling/EvilBay serching revealed that the only plastic mat they seem to have had, in one of the NASA sets, was a sort of sandy/desert scene?


Hard to photograph without reflections, when it's been scrunched-up and your landlord's put 18 downlighter spots in your ceiling, but i soaked it in hot water and then used kitchen roll to streatch it flat against the wood-floor. The only actual clue is a small PART NO .0031, located in the large crater against the long side, in black print? Anyone recognise it?

Haha! See comments; Marx/Mego - 4206 Galaxy Command, 1979, or the previous year's Star Station Seven, two of the very last play sets;

https://2warpstoneptune.com/2013/01/25/marx-toys-galaxy-command-play-set/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marx galaxy command playset

Anonymous said...

1979

Hugh Walter said...

That's the one, what a star you are, Anon!

H