About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, January 25, 2024

W is for We Never Learn From History.

 Guy Venables in The Metro . . . 

Beyond the jokes is the realisation that everything which has happened since Thatcher/Ragan (1979/80) has taken us back to where we were in 1939/40, the Right on the rise everywhere, nations ignoring international or pan-national treaties to vie for power and influence, a fascist state (Israel) exterminating a populace (the Palestinians) they have passed dozens of discriminatory laws (72 I believe) against, while the populations' recovering from a decade of austerity following the failure of the money markets, are going to be expected to fight and die in a probably global war, to keep the 'Rich & Powerful' wealthy and in power. While the League of . . . sorry, 'United' Nations becomes an irrelevance, and international courts are ignored by the people who set them up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Until about three months ago I had never watched GB News. Now I am addicted to it....it is awful beyond belief. No attempt at impartiality and really some half baked racism and prejudice.
This I fear is a real danger. The Internet told us wrongly that opinions were the same as facts.
I am glad I am so old that I won't be around when it gets a lot worse....

John

Hugh Walter said...

Me too John, me too. 15-years to finish the Blogs, and then let the whole thing go to hell in a handcart, it's no co-incidence that the day after the ICJ found Israel answerable to charges of genocide, all the supporters of Israel, including the UK have jumped on the pull-the-aid-from-bad-UN bandwagon . . . It's shocking where we are going, and where the media is allowing us to be taken.

H