About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, January 3, 2024

P is for Pushy Polymer Pack of Paparazzi Press!

Back to Archie McPhee/Accoutrements for another box-tick of their slightly oversized, relatively recent, novelty figure sets, and this is basically the same set, but marketed twice as a set of paparazzi and as a set of reporters/fans for irritating influencers!

The smaller set of 'You're the Star' figures, you get five peeps who are supposedly hanging-around near the red carpet you've placed your narcissistic self on, and they seek posey-shots and word of wisdom to quote in the Fanzines!
 
The inner liner will almost certainly make a reappearance here at Small Scale World, if only when I do the planned 'battle of the bands' with the Mattel CUTIES, Gemodels 'Beatles' and other musical types of the pop-genre!
 
I believe this larger set was actually offered first, but it came-in second, got shot and collaged second and can go second on the page. We have another four poses in this Paparazzi Play Set, and while the five are duplicates, or duplicated in the You're the Star set, some colours are quite different.

The little Japanese (?) reporter is not that different, but the kneeling guy with the 'safari' equipment vest is quite different, as is the red-headed girl, who remains a redhead, but is otherwise a different colourway entirely. That's it, that's them - box ticked.

No comments: