About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Monday, October 30, 2023

C is for Camberley's Carnival Carousel

I don't know about your local 'hood, but here in Fleet, one of the many empty retail units has been filled with a sort of community-hub, information centre and whole-food promoter, which may or may not be run by the local authority or the local business body?
 
Back in 2021 I spotted a similar enterprise in Camberley over the ranges, which seemed to be more a combination café and outlet for the local library, or given that the Tories have closed more than 500 libraries in the last 13 years, it may have been a replacement for the library? 
 
Anyway, it was closed, but in the window was this rather fine scratch-built fairground scene which I shot against some harsh reflections, these are the best shots that I managed to render viewable with a bit of cropping and some contrast work!
 









If you missed it, the history of the piece in on the sticker attached to the glass or acrylate cover in the first image. A couple of the figures look vaguely familiar, but I can place them, so they have probably been heavily works to turn them into young civilians! And that's it blurb-wise, just some pictures of a beautiful thing!

No comments: