About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Saturday, October 28, 2023

H is for How They Come In - Sandown - September, Part 2

Continuing/completing the plunder posts from the last Sandown Park toy show, from BP Fairs (the next one is on the 11th of November I think), with the other half of the purchases/acquisitions!

My third Cherilea Dalek, I think I have a black and a sky-blue now (or was it silver? It's on the Blog somewhere!), so with this one a reasonable 'sample'! Although I've read that the plug-in tools are being reproduced, so I'll have to check their quality against the older ones, as it's very clean!
 
Now . . . we've had the above figures before, I think I have more than a baker's dozen now, and with colour variations! Each time we've seen them I've stated I know the game but can't remember it, well, it's Alibi, or "Dennis Wheatley's exciting new game Alibi", published by Geographia Ltd.
 
Below them are three Wardie/Mastermodels OO-gauge figures and two larger figures which will be from British minor makers wagons, carts or milk-floats, still to be attributed, but that will be for another day, there are lots of them!

Odds and sods, including a Timpolin mechanic, original Ral Patha 'fantasaur' and the metal chap, top left, who often turns up (I have a bagful somewhere!) and is a Tootsietoys soldier from the sets with the small die-cast trucks which are the same as the (Charbens?) lorries we saw here years ago - button-searchlight, pom-pom gun or etc.
 
Adrian Little of Mercator Trading found this for me! Having wanted some for years, i've had three come-in this year! Another Milwaukee Zoo marked Mold-a-Rama figurine, this one of a T-Rex, I've seen a similar crested 'Duckasaurus' about the place!
 
I paid over the odds on this and got laughed at by Adrian and Gareth, but I rather liked it, and don't mind, something is worth what you pay for it! Britains village pond, I have the swan and some cygnets for it, I think, so it's got a purpose!
 
And this was dirt-cheap, but seems to be 'all there', a future project will be to finish it/rebuild it, and I'll scan the box in, so next time we can look at it in more depth. But I'm not sure if I'll stick with the fiddly foil-covering the previous owner had embarked upon!

No comments: