About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Friday, October 20, 2023

S is for Sometimes . . . I Can be a Fuckwit, Twice in a Fortnight!

When I published the Robots the other day, I had totally missed a much bigger folder with a shed load of mostly eraserbot shots in it! Anyway, I found it a couple of days later and after a quick "Doh!", cobbled the next two posts together (helped by a recent purchase) and chucked a couple of dozen -  mostly Internet - images back into the generic folder for another day!

I'd forgotten acquiring these a while ago . . . last year some time, even before the posts I did at the time, simple flats, but colourful, several sellers were selling them individually for silly money, but I found one who had the set for a reasonable collective price, we'd seen similar flats (or 'tiles'?) before, so it seems a new branch of the collection was calling!
 
Here the red one is compared with those seen in that/those previous post/s, and you can see these are toward the larger end of the spectrum, at around 60mm, but the fun is in adding six items to a growing sub-genre!
 
Spotted this set on feeBay, branded to Emson, can't remember why I left it at the time, possibly because there were only the two figurals, for a high BIN, or postage from somewhere else was ridiculous (global shipping program anyone?)? But they are interesting for having a semi-transparent polymer with flecks of glitter set into it.
 
I also saw these TV related ones online somewhere, probably an incomplete set, and, like all these: the artwork is waterslide transfer-printed straight onto the blocks of eraser rubber.

No comments: