About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Q is for Quiralux's Quirky Quarrelers

Just a quicky, this shot's been in Picasa since 2013, and I thought it could finally fly free on the Internet!

I thought these were probably late, or even re-issue medievals (from another party) from Quiralux, being a bit flashy and unpainted apart from the beginnings of some home-paint on a couple of them, but I was wrong . . .

. . . they are from a paint-your-own set from Quiralux themselves! Seen here on the right with one of those naff brushes and some pots of - almost certainly - water-based paint. A window-box set of painted ones to the left, although they are all the same as the Acédo ones we saw here I think? Who made them first, I don't know, but French-made foot knights and men-at-arms anyway!

No comments: