About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 3, 2023

R is for Rospaks Romans

I want to try and use October as a sort of Boxtober! That is to get a lot of boxes ticked, or at least clear some less substantial stuff from the laptop, and get it into the tag-list, and it'll be mostly short posts with one or two images or old archive stuff I'm starting to scan in, and - to that end - this is what I have in the archive, on the Rospaks Roman infantry sets;



This is 'Sheet 2' the instruction sheet for the Roman sets, I don't have 'Sheet 1' for the Greeks, it's one of the few Rospaks items I don't have! If you have it and could send scans, that would be brilliant, or put it on your own Blog and send me the link to put here; it doesn't matter where it ends-up, so long as it's in the public domain before it's lost forever!
 
Infantry - old photograph

Cavalry - old photograph

The waterslide transfer sheet, T2, was originally in one piece, and while cut for inclusion in the first sets issued, would eventually be sold separately, as Heroics & Ros looked about for a fiscal model that would work.

Note; it's T for Transfers not D for Decals, waterslide transfers are still used by the ceramics industry who had been using them in Britain since the 1750's, although it's now believed someone in Italy was the originator/inventor of the technique? Decal is a modern word popularised since the 1970's, and whose etymology is lost or questionable! But it is widely used in ceramics too now! I think it is an ugly, orphan word whether pronounced as dee-cal, or deck-ul and never use it!

No comments: