About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

F is for Found Objects - Five of . . . Merchandise

Except there's only four, but the titles are playing their own game, as some of may have noticed!
 
Another thematic one now, to which I've added some non-found objects content to stretch the post out, and again we seem to be firmly in Christmas or Christmassy territory, although some of this stuff is all-year-round gift shop fayre!
 
Tins, specifically, tins which look like houses, or buildings, although, to disprove the rule the instant I establish it, one is just a couple of Pooh Bear images! But it is house shaped and both had rather old tea-bags in, which went on the garden some time ago; it's all good compost/soil conditioner!

The Pooh one, it is what it is!
 
But this, obviously commissioned by Waitrose supermarkets (part of the John Lewis group), almost certainly at/for the Christmas season is charming, showing something akin to the original store (Waite, Rose & Taylor . . . what did Taylor do to be excised?) as a wrap-around artwork.

Scaled around the 25/28mm mark, it would be a shoo-in for old-school wargaming, just plonk it down and declare the area built-up/the high street! I don't know if this had tea, chocolate or sweets in? Something else?

While I shot these in TKMaxx a year ago, both were tea containers I think, German? The same roof/lid but one a two-story Southern German municipal building (Rathaus Teabagg), the other more of a Wilhelminian town-house over three floors! That's it; a bit of fun!

No comments: