About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A is for Again! Art Plastics

Now, Brian has sent me a load of Nativity stuff from the Big Apple, which I told him I would shove down in the Christmas 2024 folder, because, as you can see (it's the bloody 20th already!) I am running out of time, and still have some cake-dec' images I might get up here, however, as we looked at Art Plastics several times a year ago, and as Adrian gave me this as an early, unwrapped Christmas present last Friday, here's a nativity scene!

These are, as mentioned, the Art Plastics again, and as mentioned last year, very prolific with various sizes and finishes of this set, with alternate poses, hard and soft-edges versions, yada-yada . . . Here painted and glued into a little stable set-up, the lambs asking why there's a baby in their food tray?
 
Sphagnum moss, boy, they liked glueing sphagnum moss into their nativity-set roofs back in the day! It is the same set as the boxed one we looked at a couple of years ago, but I never took that one out and shot it separately, while with this one the box is a bit meah! Around 35 (Joseph)/40mm (Wise Man) and polystyrene, except for the sphagnum moss (I hope Brit's are saying that to themselves in Lenny Henry's David Bellamy voice!).
 
Mark on the base underside of the stable.

No comments: