About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

H is for Hedgepigs

I suspect we've had that title before! This is going to be my fourth Christmas without a tree, and I love having the tree up, but needs must when the state, the market and recalcitrant relatives drive! Yet I have've given up looking for nice things to add as it's been the tradition every year, to add a few, if only to make good cat-loses!

 
And, to that end, I have had a lot of luck in Charity shops, who don't seem to have as many decorations as in some years (less people 'having a change'?), but have nevertheless managed to furnish me with three hedgehogs!

I actually bought the one holding a seed-case (right-hand of the pair on the dark-green background), new, and sort of regretted it as he's a bit big compared to the others, but then the tagless one (bottom left) came in last for 10p, and he's a big'un too, so there will be balance . . . Ohmmmmmm!

I'm best-pleased with the blown glass one, as I'm pretty sure I didn't buy it, for being too expensive, in the big John Lewis in Basingrad a few years ago, now it's mine for 50p!
 
All four together, they will be joining the existing four, yes, I doubled the hedgehog inventory in one season! The little one on the right is a duplicate I think, see below, but the way I tackle the tree, like planning for D-Day, they will be on opposite sides, so as it gets turned (twice daily so you get three clearly viewable thirds), the order will be perfect!

 
I've cropped these out of old images, as I think they have had a collective here, when the fourth was purchased a few years ago, but these are the existing crew, and with the new ones that makes eight, or two per quarter tree! Hedgepigs . . . brilliant!

No comments: