About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

W is for What Was All the Fuss About?

I'm so pleased with my efforts yesterday I'm going to force you to look, but first the annual round-up of my edible Advent Calendar, which is the same every year, so rather than the figurals, you're getting all 25, and I think they've loaded in reading order, top left to bottom right, 1st - 25th!

 On the 8th we got a double-sized one which rather knackers the whole collaging matching squares thing! 

 
Look wot I done did!
 
I ran out of space on the big plate, so I quickly warmed a smaller one in the microwave for the meat, transferred the pigs and stuffing balls, and put the roasties (which I'd forgotten were in with the meat, when arranging all the other veg', with a small gap for the meat) on the 'veg' plate . . . how decadent was that! 11 veg', if you count the onions as different, and the roast beetroot was this year's experiment, and I can recommend. No Yorkshire pudding, because that's not decadent, that's apostate!
 

I didn't finish it! No point in forcing yourself to get those last lukewarm bits down, and I would have had to cut more meat! It all made a really nice Bubble & Squeak omelette this morning, though, and we go again, this evening!
 
I wore the purple hat for the meal, and 'got' the metal puzzle! All now suitably bagged, labelled (Sainsbury's small) and in the stash, with the ones we saw at the start of the month! Not impressed by the fake moustache, which is printed-card, and while I get the eco-sentiment, and it will enhance a future post on such things, it seems to have hygiene issues in my eyes?
 
And I've realised (maths was never my strong suit) that the month record should fall today or tomorrow, depending on how lazy I am, while the 'beat 2017' target is quite doable now! Onwards and upwards!

No comments: