About Me

My photo
No Fixed Abode, Home Counties, United Kingdom
I’m a 60-year-old Aspergic gardening CAD-Monkey. Sardonic, cynical and with the political leanings of a social reformer, I’m also a toy and model figure collector, particularly interested in the history of plastics and plastic toys. Other interests are history, current affairs, modern art, and architecture, gardening and natural history. I love plain chocolate, fireworks and trees, but I don’t hug them, I do hug kittens. I hate ignorance, when it can be avoided, so I hate the 'educational' establishment and pity the millions they’ve failed with teaching-to-test and rote 'learning' and I hate the short-sighted stupidity of the entire ruling/industrial elite, with their planet destroying fascism and added “buy-one-get-one-free”. Likewise, I also have no time for fools and little time for the false crap we're all supposed to pretend we haven't noticed, or the games we're supposed to play. I will 'bite the hand that feeds', to remind it why it feeds.

Sunday, December 31, 2023

M is for Multicoloured Medieval Men

Having briefly seen some of the Hong Kong pirates the other day, we might as well look at the original donors, the Timpo medieval knights, and because Michael Maughan has done all the work, and the 4th (or 5th?) impression of his work is on Amazon for not very much money, I will keep text to the minimum, and/or chatty!
 
These first two shots are from my small sample and were shot in the session back in 2013, and have nearly been Blogged numerous times, but one thing or another stopped me, usually that I'd forgotten what the numbers were for, and scrolled on for something easier, but (I've redone them) they are the poses - 6 different torsos and three different legs!
 
Some variations I have, I don't think any of them are going to excite anybody, and indeed, I think they are mostly the standard variations? Size of chest-eagle is an obvious one, shades of yellow and red varying, etc . . . and note; the shields are over-moulded, not the plug-ins of the copies, so shield variations can excite to!





The rest of the shots are from the archive, and depict various other versions of most of them, scanned from old photographs, and not mine. I think there are some rarer variants here, which might well excite those prone to such excitement.

I'm sitting here, full of my 3rd Roast Dinner (4th full meal) off the Christmas bird, which is now finished, waiting for the fireworks (happyface), not having to worry about the cats (sadface), and seeing how much I can post before midnight! I'll wish you all a happy . . . ? Better New Year, this run of shit-show years has to end sometime, or is this our new normal as we decline into extinction?

No comments: